Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today at Elite Group, and earn your CIMA qualification with Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards your CIMA. Finance graduates are welcome to apply for this role.
As a leading technology provider, Elite Group helps businesses embrace technology through the delivery and management of IT and communications services.
Our team works together to deliver outstanding customer service, and our customers inspire and drive us to look for new ways to keep their business seamlessly connected.
We are proud to have over 200 talented and highly skilled employees, but we are looking for even more talent. Fearless leaders, innovators, change-makers, and enthusiasm—these are the qualities we are looking for. If you have what it takes, why not come join the Elite Group team.
Our Trainee Management Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager. You will be provided full study support with excellent mentors and coaches.
The key activities and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Complete the monthly management accounts preparation accurately and in line with the month-end timetable.
- Contribute to Elite's monthly finance packs providing accurate and meaningful commentary to the Finance Manager and Finance Director.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations ensuring accuracy and the timely rectification of reconciling items.
- Complete the monthly data warehouse reconciliations.
- Update cashbook and cashflow forecast on a daily and monthly basis.
- Assist the FP&A manager with the budgeting and re-forecasting process.
- Completion of VAT returns for review by the Finance Manager within 20 working days of the quarter-end and the submit, once approved by the due date.
- Collate and analyse data and produce routine reports.
- Participation in companywide projects taking responsibility for completion of tasks assigned to you, liaising with other departments.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure business continuity within your team, should anyone, including yourself, be absent from work.
- Maintain a record of business processes and document new processes as and when required.
- Help to review the processes and procedures within the finance department and identify areas for improvement.
We are looking for number orientated, bright and enthusiastic individuals to join our team and gain their qualifications. This is a higher level 7 apprenticeship course to gain your CIMA qualification, working 40 hours per week.