Responsible for providing basic maintenance, repair and related services involving electrical, carpentry, equipment, painting, grounds and facility maintenance, which involves knowledge on fundamental maintenance support policies, programs and practices while completing appropriate forms, documents and databases.
This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
1. Provides a variety of maintenance services using fundamental technical and support knowledge covering multiple areas of maintenance, including basic electrical, carpentry, equipment, painting, grounds, equipment and facility maintenance.
2. Reviews, completes and processes various standard types of maintenance logs, documents, databases, and related materials and information.
3. Provides fundamental support in the application and assistance to staff and management regarding maintenance policies, programs and practices.
4. Provides support researching issues and developing recommendations to resolve employee, management and related maintenance issues.
5. Assists in the review and implementation of maintenance policies, practices and programs to meet organizational, operations and management needs.
6. Assists with ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations; receives guidance and direction or escalates when required.
7. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
8. Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace Analytical by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Previous maintenance experience is strongly preferred.
Required Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
• Valid Driver's License.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Fundamental technical principles, practices and techniques of maintenance, including basic electrical, carpentry, equipment, painting, grounds and facility maintenance.
• Standard understanding of the daily administration and oversight of maintenance programs, policies and procedures.
• Fundamental methods to resolve technical maintenance problems, questions and concerns.
• Ability to learn standard understanding of applicable maintenance organizational policies and procedures.
• Computer applications and systems related to the work.
• Principles and practices to serving as an effective project team member.
• Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
• Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Performing fundamental technical-level electrical, carpentry, equipment, painting, grounds and facility maintenance duties in a variety of assigned areas.
• Providing standard support within various maintenance functions.
• Serving as a team member and the development and management of projects.
• Operating in a both a team and individual contributor environment.
• Interpreting, applying and explaining organizational policies and procedures.
• Maintaining databases, forms, documents and related informati0n.
• Using initiative and judgment within established department policies and procedures.
• Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those contacted in the course of the work.
• Performing effective oral presentations to groups and peers and the department.
• Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to safely operate a motor vehicle and exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; agility to climb, crawl, reach, and stretch to perform strenuous activities. Vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed outside, and in office and lab settings. Work is subject to travel, weather conditions, exposure to blood or bodily fluids, chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab and environmental setting.