Electrical Maintenance Engineer
£34,000 - £39,000 per annum DOE
Purpose & Scope of the Maintenance Engineer:
- Working as a member of the engineering team, you will develop plant reliability and operational capability by executing robust maintenance strategies and expediently resolving plant issues and breakdowns, to ensure plant downtime is kept to a minimum.
- You will demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving, demonstrate fast paced decision making, and use your technical background routinely across a wide and varied equipment and technology base.
- The majority of the time is spent in an FMCG semi-automated factory environment.
Main Accountabilities and Duties of the Maintenance Engineer:
- To undertake planned preventative and predictive maintenance activities, with due consideration for safe plant operations and product quality.
- To review and enhance maintenance systems and procedures.
- Routinely undertake continuous improvement activities to develop plant capability and equipment reliability.
- To participate in plant improvements, modifications and capital investment projects.
- Act as a subject matter expert on designated plant, equipment and technologies.
- The successful candidate must be familiar with process machinery or equivalent equipment.
Person Specification of the Maintenance Engineer:
- BTEC Level 3 & NVQ Level 3 in Engineering: ONC, HNC or higher desirable.
- Electrical skills
- Time served Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and dynamic approach to safety
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure whilst having a high attention to detail