Company: VETERINARY EMERGENCY GROUP
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Veterinary Emergency Group is currently hiring a Veterinary Technician for a busy 24hr Emergency Hospital. Hours of operation are 24hrs, nights, weekends, and holidays. The position is full-time however, part-time applicants are also welcome to apply!
Responsibilities to include but, not limited to:
- Knowledge and ability to recognize medical emergencies and illnesses
- Assessing patients
- Recording vitals and assisting doctors with diagnostics,
- Completing all treatments as instructed by the doctor
- Basic husbandry and nursing care
- Monitoring all changes in patients and giving them all the compassionate care they deserve.
- Taking blood
- Placing catheters
- Assisting in and facilitating radiography capture
- Preparing samples for outside reference labs
- Running in-house lab work
- Preparing medications
- Administering medications
- Other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will:
- Must be available Thursday and Friday night, as well as weekends and Holidays
- Be able to follow verbal written and electronic instructions
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience
- Be able to work well in a fast-paced environment with all personality types
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Why VEG: Emergency is our thing. It's all we do. We offer:
- Industry-leading compensation
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401 w/ company match
- Unlimited CE (emergency-focus)
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave with 100% pay!