COMPANY: JAMESON LEGAL.
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £95000 - £125000 per annum
This dynamic international specialist high-end dispute resolution law firm is looking an additional senior (5+ PQE) product liability/personal injury/mass tort litigator.
The firm specialises in complex disputes, and has particular expertise in large scale complex group litigation. They act almost exclusively for claimants and the client base is diverse, ranging from multinational corporations to SMEs and private individuals.
The role will involve:
- Assisting and leading in the day-to-day management of claims for damages resulting from defective, malfunctioning or improperly administered products, drugs or devices causing harm to a wide group of potential claimants in both the High Court and the Court of Appeal;
- Dealing with all aspects of case management including supervision and management of junior fee earners if appropriate;
- Taking responsibility for day-to-day client liaison, alongside the supervising partner where appropriate;
- Leading and overseeing large scale disclosure exercises and obtaining of witness and expert evidence; and
- Showing good awareness of settlement considerations and strategy at all stages of the litigation.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Strong academics and a high level of intellectual rigour;
- Training and at least 5 years' PQE gained within the disputes department specialising in product liability, personal injury and/or mass tort claims;
- First rate drafting skills;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment;
- Resilience under pressure;
- The ability to deal with clients in a relaxed and confident manner;
Ideally you will have experience of actions involving multiple claimants and/or defendants (experience of dealing with funders/insurers is also desirable, but again, not essential).
This is an exceptional role within a very highly regarded specialist law firm. For further information please send your CV in complete confidence to David Von Dadelszen in the Jameson Legal London office.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.