The purpose of this position is to support current production for machined parts in small lots and/or high precision. This position is responsible for using conventional equipment to include lathes, mills, surface grinders, OD/ID grinders and other support equipment to produce precision machined parts to print. Must be proficient in set up and operation of a variety of machine tools mostly Bridgeport Mills with DRO and Engine Lathe. Must be able to work independently from blueprints and drawings, must use basic inspection and layout tools and methods to check setups and parts. Must have the ability to setup, produce and inspect your own parts.
- Produce parts to print within quality and customer specifications (job shop).
- Design and modify fixtures and processes to minimize job setup and ensure efficient production.
- Experience with Bridgeport Mills with DRO, Engine Lathe, Surface Grinders, ID/OD Grinders.
- Perform milling operations such as drilling, tapping, boring, broaching, and conventional milling and lathe work using various 2 axis mills & engine lathes
- 5 years minimum of “hands on” Job Shop/Machine Shop experience specifically manual equipment.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
- At least 5 years hands on experience in conventional machining of high precision parts using manual lathes and mills.
- In-depth knowledge of GD&T.
- Knowledge of setting up and operating manual lathes, mills, OD/ID grinders, Hone, and other support equipment.
- Efficient, reliable and organized
- Track record of being able to provide high quality work in a fast paced environment.
Experience and knowledge always a plus, and we're willing to train..
Location: Niles, MI
Please visit our website, #removed#
Or call (269)683-0585, ext. 15
Role: CNC / Manual / OD ID grinding
Apply for this job now.