Spencer Clarke Group are currently working with a Local Authority based in Herefordshire to recruit a Finance Manager to join their team on a Contract basis.
**Contract till December 2021 with the view to extend!**
The role will support the financial activity of the ECC and Children's directorates which in itself has many exciting opportunities for the provision of services!
You will be responsible for the overall financial management across a number of care services with the overriding aim of challenging senior management to improve the performance of each service. We are looking for an experienced qualified accountant who can demonstrate their ability to add value and make a real difference, with the desire to learn from best practice bringing innovative thinking to the service.
- Work autonomously, under direction as and when required, to lead service area(s) to deliver operating plans and contractual arrangements, focusing on the needs of the defined localities within Herefordshire
- Plan, manage and monitor the use of available financial, physical and human resources, making efficiency savings as required
- Co-ordinate resources to deliver both routine operations and to manage complex business issues and risks to meet agreed service standards
- Identify customer requirements to inform service specifications and the delivery of locality-based customer focused outcomes
- Act as a specialist finance reference for the service and its customers, maintaining and applying an up-to-date knowledge of expertise area
- Identify and implement better ways of doing things and make recommendations for wider improvements to policies, systems, practices and procedures
- Participate effectively and contribute to corporate programmes to help deliver change management and service improvements
- Manage others, setting clear goals, and deliver a coherent approach to staff development and training within the service area to continuously improve performance
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal colleagues and external organisations, representing the Partnership on appropriate forums where required
- Understand and meet all required legislation and governance to deliver the required standards
- Lead on year end outturn reporting
- Ensure the optimum use of revenue and capital resources
- Strategic long term planning with the directorate to deliver the corporate objectives
- To provide high quality financial advice and guidance on major projects and savings initiatives to deliver successful project outcomes and value for money
- To assist the Directorate Management teams in identifying, setting and delivering the financial objectives for the current financial year and medium term financial plan
- Coordinate capital and revenue budget monitoring reports for Cabinet, reporting to directors, senior management teams and members, ensuring risk mitigation and recovery plans where needed
And so much more!
Rate £22.73- PLEASE SUBMIT CV WITH HOURLY RATE REQUIRED (rate negotiable)
If you are available and interested in this position please apply ASAP! or send your CV to Lauren @ Spencer Clarke Group email@example.com
Experience within a Finance role is essential.
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who p