Company: SAN ANTONIO BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
To provide therapeutic treatment services to patients, provide complete psychosocial assessments, crisis intervention, individual, family, group counseling, and timely and appropriate discharge planning/case management based on known or anticipated needs. Participate actively in patient care, treatment in a multi-disciplinary treatment setting with early adult to late adult age patients. Treatment planning and treatment resulting in interventions to alleviate psychiatric symptoms and functional impairment.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, assess, counsel and effectively intervene with medically and psychosocially complex patients with the ability to understand complex dynamics related to the clinical situation.
- Successfully utilize therapeutic counseling methods such as crisis intervention, psychosocial support, brief goal-directed therapy, group therapy, and/or other appropriate therapeutic methods that may be appropriate to the clinical situation.
- Complete a psychosocial assessment that includes social, economic, cultural, age-related and behavioral factors, history of child, elder or domestic abuse, prior psychiatric or substance abuse treatment, family and social support systems and all other available resources as appropriate to the clinical situation.
- Collaborate effectively with the healthcare team, patients and families and relevant community resources to develop and implement and individualized plan of care.
- Continue to monitor and evaluate the plan of care, options and available services throughout the hospital stay to effectively meet the patient and family needs. Reassess the plan of care as status changes.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of federal, state and local assistance programs and community resources that affect patient needs.
- Demonstrates expertise in accessing social systems by providing resource-specific information to patients and families, initiating contact with appropriate resources and facilitating the patient / families ability to accept referrals.
- Educate and advocate for patients and families to enhance their ability to make informed decisions regarding medical care, discharge planning, advance directives and end of life care including actively participating in the guardianship process when appropriate.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of reimbursement systems, the ability to educate patients and families regarding payer requirements / coverage for post-acute care services and the ability to effectively advocate on behalf of the patient to obtain authorizations for continued care as appropriate.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to conduct psychotherapy groups based on a CBT, DBT, and trauma models.
- Provides accurate, timely and appropriate documentation of all social work interventions in the medical record per regulatory policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional practice, maintaining respect for confidentiality for all patient care.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other behavioral health field.
- Current Texas State License (LCSW, LMSW, LPC, LPC-Associate)
- Experience working in a mental health clinic or other behavioral health setting.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices utilized in clinical interventions.
- Experience in assessments and treatment of different age groups.
- Preferably experience working with adolescents and adults
401K, Medical/Dental insurance, FMLA and Short-Term Disability