INVESTMENT Finance MANAGER (CLIMATE / PUBLIC INFRASTRUCUTRE / NATURAL RESOURCES) - SA (Cape Town / Pretoria) OR UK
R840 000 - R1,285 000 Per Annum PLUS Performance Based Incentive / Bonus Negotiable based on Relevant Qualification and Years of Experience
Established and Expanding Global Management Consulting firm is offering this lucrative career opportunity within their collaborative team of professionals.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Co-lead growth and support the delivery of climate finance work through delivering long-term consulting and project implementation assignments with focus being on the emerging markets particularly within South, East and West Africa.
One would describe you as a self-driven and energetic problem-solver who possesses strong financial acumen with the desire to develop as a globally recognized subject matter climate finance expert.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading client engagements focusing on climate finance mobilisation, climate facility and fund design and climate finance tracking processes in collaboration with other climate experts in the firm
- Supporting clients to apply for, secure, and deploy climate finance into specific projects
- Managing teams of consultants and external experts to deliver client assignments in a fast-paced international environment and owning project deliverables
- Producing high quality research and analysis on climate finance strategy and implementation
- Acting as hub of expertise on evolving climate finance issues, for clients and internal teams
- Playing an active role in driving the growth of our climate change team through business acquisition, through direct sales activities and responding to tendered public sector opportunities
- Building and maintaining active networks with technical partners, clients, and global sources of climate finance
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate degree gained ideally within Development Finance, Finance and Economics, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental or Natural Resource Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration and / or related
- 6+ years professional experience gained with a proven focus on climate change finance advisory services
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a banking / strategy consulting / management consulting / or engineering consultancy environment
- Strong general financial acumen gained within commercial and Multilateral Development Finance Institution (including development partners)
- Proven track record in supporting project origination, design and development of workable financing strategies
- Experience in providing climate change research and advisory services particularly within Africa particularly and / or Europe / Middle East
- Financial modelling experience
- Foreign language proficiency in French or Portuguese would be advantageous!
To apply for this vacancy please forward a detailed copy of your CV to Nicole Spamers: #removed# and Andrea Jones: #removed#