Consea is an Italian leading executive search firm providing high-quality solutions in search and selection of Middle to Top Management across many industries including Automotive and Manufacturing, Fashion & Retail, Consumer Goods and Health Care industries boasting long-term relationships both with clients and candidates.
Our client is an international company based within the automotive supplier market.
In order to support their growth, we have been hired to recruit for an Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager leads various areas and functions in a plant to ensure excellent KPI performance, meeting or exceeding customer expectations in line with all applicable company and legal standards and requirements. The Operations Manager is responsible for short/medium term planning and control of budget and resource requirements regarding headcount and capabilities. It drives Continuous Improvement to maintain or exceed performance targets.
- Overall Leadership of employees in respective functions according to the company's processes, principles and values.
- Ensure overall Production output, KPI and budget performance meets/exceeds expectations, identify trends and manage the team to prevent performance problems/deterioration; Drive cross-functional problem solving and Lessons Learned. Support escalation issues.
- Ensure appropriate availability of resources and respond to changing needs quickly to ensure optimum utilization.
- Collaborate with leadership to define/implement plant C.I. Roadmap driving quantifiable performance improvement to increase competitiveness using company processes, methods & tools.
- Drive the development of the teams through effective performance evaluation, feedback and development planning.
- Drive cooperation of Production, ME and SCM with regional/ global organization to implement global equipment and process standards.
- Ensure proactive identification & elimination of HSE and other and unsafe practices/equipment as well as high level of 5S Standard.
- Work with Launch/SPM teams to ensure successful Launches.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelors degree in business/technical studies or related degree
- 10 years of experience; 5 years leadership experience
- High level of assertiveness balanced with ability to develop a positive team culture
- Strong Leadership and People Development Skills incl. applicable labor laws
- Strong decision-making skills and results-orientation
- Strong communication skills and able to address different target audiences effectively
- Financial and business acumen
- Solid Working knowledge of Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement Tools (e.g. 5Why, QRQC, Kaizen, Fishbone, 5S, TPM)
- Knowledge of applicable Quality & HSE Management Systems such as IATF, VDA, ISO 45001 & 14001 and understanding of Customer Specific Requirements and their implications
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. MS Excel) and good knowledge of software applications used in production environment (e.g. SAP)
- Basic Knowledge of Data Safety and Protection requirements
- Proficiency in English required
Candidate must show proof of US citizenship/visa/alien registration.
No sponsorship will be offered for this role.