Sales Office Manager
Set your standards high…
Are you a natural-born leader looking for a challenging and varied role, where you’ll play a key part in driving forward the business growth of one of Cheshire’s most luxurious hotels? If so, you don’t want to miss out on this superb opportunity, where you’ll work within an idyllic setting and benefit from a range of rewards including free meals during working hours and the free use of facilities.
Who will I be working with?
The multi award-winning and luxurious Carden Park Hotel is located within 1,000 acres of stunning Cheshire countryside, with views looking out over the Cheshire landscape and surrounding Welsh hills. Since opening its doors in 1997, there have been many transformations and improvements to the country hotel, including a refurbishment of all 196 bedrooms that took place last year.
Boasting two award winning restaurants and two championship golf courses onsite, the hotel is undergoing further improvements throughout 2018, including a terrace bar, orangery and brand-new spa and leisure facilities, making this an exciting time to join the company.
What will this role of Sales Manager entail?
As a Sales Manager, you’ll be responsible for maximising opportunities for business growth, whilst effectively leading and developing a team of focused professionals, maintaining high standards, and exceeding customer expectations. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Managing and motivating both the Sales Team and the Event Co-ordination Team, ensuring that the highest standard of service is provided at all times
- Playing a hands-on role in ensuring the team is effectively handling both inbound telephone enquiries and outbound calls following up on emails and warm leads
- Conducting regular reviews of rate strategy for effective yield management
- Ensuring all sales targets are achieved whilst actively developing new business opportunities across several departments of the hotel, such as conferences, banqueting, weddings, corporate groups, sporting groups and special events, attending client meetings where necessary
- Managing team holidays and rotas, and completing departmental training
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues within the Revenue, Marketing, Business Development and Operations Departments and contributing to management meetings
What will I need to be considered for this Sales Manager vacancy?
- Proven experience with high performance in sales, both through a hands-on approach and leading a sales team
- Knowledge of revenue and yield management, with experience of forecasting, planning and budgeting
- Strong commercial awareness and a strategic approach to maximising opportunities
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop team members
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Superb time management skills, and a self-motivated and proactive attitude to work
- Be numerate, literate and have excellent IT skills, with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and ideally Delphi and Opera computer systems
What will I receive in return?
You will join an award-winning company during an exciting time of transformation, where you’ll have the opportunity to be a key part of its ongoing success.
Salary: Circa £25,000 per annum, negotiable dependent on experience
Additional benefits: Free meals on duty, discounted food and beverage, discounted hotel accommodation which extends to friends and family, free use of the leisure facilities and discounted spa treatments, free golf and free on-site parking
Hours of Work: Full time, 40 hours per week. Flexibility will be required to work occasional weekends on a rota basis.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester (Cheshire)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Sales Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Carden Park Hotel. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Carden Park Hotel, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Role: Sales Office Manager (Leisure Industry)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Chester, North West
Apply for this job now.