The Copy Manager serves as editor-in-chief for all content to ensure quality, clarity, and consistency. The manager helps define and manage the voice and oversees a staff of copywriters and content strategists. He/She will be responsible for brainstorming, creating, and leading the team to transform business strategy into persuasive copy and its partner brand products and website content. The Content Manager will also write copy and content as well as providing direction for other writers, designers, and art directors.
- Oversee and manage the team workflow, make recommendations for streamlining and improving the current processes.
- Drive the strategic content roadmap
o Develop and deliver eCommerce copy requests, including marketing campaigns, emails, website assets, lookbooks, gift guides, party ideas, and more across multiple merchandise categories
- Work with art directors/designers to conceive, develop and execute effective multi-channel advertising campaigns.
- Define and maintain brand content/style guidelines in partnership with agency partners; embraces brand voice in all media
- Defines and manages QA process, including proofreading, preview and approvals
- Work with internal teams to determine project priority, timeline, and budget.
- Collaborate with the corporate marketing teams and agencies to align in-store marketing messaging with online messaging.
- Keep up with industry trends and make recommendations for creating more engaging content.
- Will be a key stakeholder in defining content for Store of the Future concepts.
- Minimum 5 years working with a corporate marketing team or agency as a Copywriter, Sr. Writer or Creative Director.
- Journalism degree preferred
- The ideal candidate will be a solid leader and clear communicator who possesses engaging writing skills and superior editing skills
- Possesses a big-picture mentality and independently problem-solves
- Experience with a magazine, online magazine, custom content, custom publishing or similar preferred. Portfolio required for consideration.
- Preference given to candidates with solid experience working hands-on in CMS, including light to moderate HTML tagging to format text content
- Experience presenting creative work to groups.
- Working understanding of SEM/SEO best practices.
- Ability to be a quick problem solver.
- Experience in party planning, home entertaining, event planning or related industry a plus
Role: Digital Copy Manager
Apply for this job now.