The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst provides analytical support across the organization to enable better data-driven decision making and planning by senior management. The Senior Analytics Analyst assists in: enhancing informed decisions through analytical insights that boost institutional objectives and achieve compliance targets, transforming the UMA data and analytics hub (i.e., Corporate Strategy division) into an agile environment that's primarily focused on prescriptive analytics, developing platforms that help management understand and predict optimal staffing allocation to improve student outcomes, and focusing on process automation (e.g., logical triggers, accuracy, and performance monitoring) and reusability of predictive modeling algorithms.
The Senior Analytics Analyst reports to the Senior Manager, Business Intelligence.Benefits
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription drug coverage, Paid Life Insurance, Wellness program, Health Spending Account (HSA), Paid holidays, Paid vacation, Long term disability leave, 401K, Flex Spending Account (FSA), Tuition AssistanceCultureOur institutional values are shaped and validated by our employees. They describe how we strive to operate and are the standards of behavior we look to embody.ACT WITH INTEGRITY
We operate honestly and ethically in an industry-compliant fashion. We are fair and trustworthy in our interactions with all we serve. Our employees, at all levels, lead by example and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. We are disciplined professionals who strive to be straightforward and dependable.CHAMPION STUDENT OUTCOMES
We live by a strong commitment to our students and are passionate about preparing them for meaningful careers. We are deeply dedicated to ensuring students' educational and career success. We excel at building our students' confidence and empowering them to reach their full potential.COMMIT TO EMPLOYEE SUCCESS
We are committed to our employees' success and to each other's success. We strive to create an environment that attracts and retains the best talent while offering continuous learning, professional development and career growth opportunities. We recognize and reward our employees for their contributions to the organization and to our students.PURSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE
We pursue results with a sense of urgency and purpose. We take responsibility for achieving ambitious, measurable results and hold each other accountable. We think strategically and critically, greet new ideas and challenges openly, and look for innovative solutions to challenges.HAVE FUN. BUILD ENERGY
Enjoying what we do is central to achieving our goals. Building energy, having fun, being optimistic and creating a positive working environment are all critical to our success and that of our students. We strive to be inspired and to inspire others. We consistently show appreciation and celebrate our successes, both large and small.WORK AS ONE
We believe that cooperative, supportive teams produce breakthrough results. We strive to build and maintain positive relationships, show respect and humility when interacting with each other, and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner. By working together we win together - as one - ensuring that the goals of the company are the focal point of our efforts.ResponsibilitiesFunctional:
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Play a key role in cross-functional reporting and analytics efforts across multiple organizational units and critical initiatives.
- Work independently across the organization to generate data-driven business solutions based on required or identified opportunities.
- Assemble and summarize data, make presentations of findings, and provide recommendations to support senior management decision making.
- Conduct trending, forecasting, predictive modeling to identify patterns and root causes and recommend an optimal course of action.
- Identify reporting needs and create/improve daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Develop and maintain reports and metrics to track employee performance management.
- Document and update existing standard operating procedures, process maps, and org charts.
- Standardize cross-departmental data definitions, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and calculations.
- Share knowledge, expertise, and best practices with new and existing analysts throughout the institution.
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:Minimum Requirements:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Math, Statistics, or Finance.3 years' experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics.Proven track record for developing, implementing and monitoring statistical models (e.g. regression, decision trees, time series analysis, classification, sensitivity analysis, etc.).Experience using statistical and data mining languages (i.e., t-SQL, PL/SQL, Python, R, SAS).
- Highly proficient with visualization platforms (e.g., PowerBI, SSRS) and ability to extract insight and provide recommendations to senior leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate professionally in both verbal and written English.
- Able to communicate effectively and persuasively with senior management.
- Proactive and analytical thinker who can intelligently challenge status quo and propose data driven solutions.
- Able to use various modeling techniques to optimize resource allocation and help improve successful student outcomes.
- Interest in understanding business opportunities and independently execute predefined or created roadmap with minimal supervision.
- Able to develop and implement operational models and A/B testing techniques.
- Understands organizational levers to develop departmental budgets and targets for predefined periods.
- Capable of writing complex SQL logic along with proper level of documentation as required for reporting and compliance requests.
- Enthusiasm for understanding and deriving actionable insights from data generated in a dynamic business environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams.
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- MBA or master's degree in Finance, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Statistics, or Analytics.
- Great attention to detail to fulfill regulatory requests subject to the highest degree of integrity and accuracy.
- Comfortable working across functional teams and various leadership levels to build relationships with a goal-oriented mindset.
- Streamline algorithms and automate the modeling production process along with adjacent KPIs that reflect the model's credibility.
- Experience or interest in the Education or Education Management industries.
- Office Environment - Must be able to work in the UMA Office
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
Given this list of states - AL, DE, FL, GA, IN, IA, NE, OH - Do you live in one of these 8 states or, if not, are you able to relocate to Florida, or one of the other states listed, within 2 weeks of your start date?
Minimum 3 years' experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics
Proven track record for developing, implementing and monitoring statistical models (e.g. regression, decision trees, time series analysis, classification, sensitivity analysis, etc.)
Able to communicate effectively and persuasively with senior management
Able to use various modeling techniques to optimize resource allocation and help improve successful student outcomes
Able to develop and implement operational models and A/B testing techniques
Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Math, Statistics, or Finance
Knowledge in: Experience using statistical and data mining languages (i.e., t-SQL, PL/SQL, Python, R, SAS)
Knowledge in: Highly proficient with visualization platforms (e.g., PowerBI, SSRS) and ability to extract insight and provide recommendations to senior leadership
Knowledge in: Capable of writing complex SQL logic along with proper level of documentation as required for reporting and compliance requests
Knowledge in: Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft TeamsEqual Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.