A Senior/Lead UX Specialist is needed for one of our favourite agency clients. Our client is the digital experience company for business brands working across the UK and the US helping some of the world’s largest business brands create experiences that bring their story to life. They help businesses market their product or service to the world in a way that helps their customers fulfil their ever-changing needs. For over 20 years they have been bringing stories to life with technology, we build frictionless experiences, create campaigns that connect with customers and solve business challenges with leading-edge creative thinking. In short, they help people drive their businesses to the next level.
They are looking for a permanent Snr/Lead UX Specialist. The experience designers play a leading role in shaping the client’s digital experiences from strategic conception, to detailed design of micro interactions, through to optimisation of the end product. The experience design activities are tailored to meet clients’ needs and objectives, which vary in size and scale. Working patterns vary from working on multiple clients at once, to being engaged fulltime for 6 months on a digital transformational program. For the most part you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be comfortable working at pace with an agile mindset. You will need to be able to take the lead on client workshops, engage in customer research, and be the driving force behind the solutions we deliver to clients.
You must have had extensive experience delivering all core UX deliverables from designing and delivering user research, mapping customer journeys, forming sitemaps, creating wireframes and interactive prototypes. You need to be comfortable teaching and guiding others how to hone their craft as you will be managing junior UXers.
Researching both clients and the client’s customers to uncover friction points across the customer journey, so you will be planning, running, analysing and reporting on research studies, uncovering behavioural insights to drive brand campaigns, finding friction points in customer relationships and highlighting usability issues on business tools, platforms and services.
We want someone that is not afraid to ask why, to ensure they are solving the real problem behind a brief. We are looking for a Lead Specialist who will be happiest when they are delivering something that not only works for the end customer but changes the perception and success of the brand that created it.
Example projects the experience teams are working on right now:
- Mapping the customer and buying journey for a global hearing aid provider.
- Repositioning a digital hospitality business with an updated and easy to understand proposition to increase direct sign ups
- Exploring ways to gamify learning with a global consultancy firm
- Changing the way health care professionals’ source hard to find medication with a new digital self-service platform
Essential experience required:
- B2B experience an advantage, but not essential
- Working within an agile framework
- Managing and delivering design systems
- Designing large scale web platforms, multi-site, multi-language on a CMS
- Delivering custom complex digital products within heavily regulated industries
- Managing teams by supporting and mentoring junior UXers, guiding the team's methodological choices and serving as an advocate for a human-centered approach.
You will be asked to:
- Plan, script and conduct user research
- Develop experience principles to inform designs
- Formulate experience strategies and creative visions
- Create customer journey maps, user journeys&experience maps
- Create personas, empathy, and relationship maps
- Create site maps, information architecture and taxonomies
- Create sketches&storyboards to visualise UX/UI solutions
- Execute detailed wireframes&build specifications
Create low and high-fidelity prototypes
- Validate ideas&designs via user testing
- Create concepts for pitches.
Tools required for this role:
- Familiar with the latest design tools: Sketch, Figma, Axure,
- Collaboration tools,: mural, miro
- Understanding of web analytics and business metrics
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.