**Exciting opportunity located in San Francisco, CA
Located near Union Square, the Hotel Abri is a wonderful destination in itself!
Job Title: Front Office Manager
Supervision Exercised: Front Office Department
Supervision Received: General Manager
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Front Desk functions, in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements, and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
• Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
o All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
o All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
o All room rates, special packages and promotions.
o Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
o Room availability status for any given day.
o Scheduled in house group activities, locations and times.
o All hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
• Complete bi-weekly payroll.
• Access all function of computer system according to established procedures and standards.
• Answer department telephone within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
• Check Front Desk and storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness. Instruct designated personnel to rectify any cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
• Review the previous day's occupancy and room revenues. Monitor revenues derived from telephone, garage and sundries. Monitor expenses (telephone, cost of sales, supplies, commissions and labor). Resolve discrepancies with Accounting. Track actual numbers against budget.
• Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
• Coordinate breaks for staff.
• Assign work duties to staff in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which could compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
• Conduct pre shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
• Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
• Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
• Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel to include Front Desk staff, PBX Staff, and Reservations Staff.
• Monitor the check in/check out process, ensuring agreement to hotel standards, anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
• Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are followed up within 20 minutes. Check for repetitive problems and follow through on any unresolved requests.
• Monitor safe deposit box procedures; audit accuracy of cards with proper signatures and ensure availability of keys. Handle guest reports on theft from safe deposit boxes according to hotel procedures.
• Monitor guest mail and ensure that it is processed according to procedures.
• Monitor and ensure that express check outs are processed through the system correctly in accordance with hotel check out standards.
• Monitor the staffs' interaction with guests, ensuring prompt and courteous service; resolve discrepancies with respective personnel.
• Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
• Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Promote positive guest relations at all times.
• Monitor and handle guest complaints by following the six step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Assist guests with reports of lost or stolen articles, following hotel policy.
• Adhere to hotel requirements for guest and employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
• Contact newly registered guests ten minutes after check in to establish guest satisfaction; resolve any dissatisfaction immediately. Document each call according to procedures.
• Ensure security of guest room access.
• Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies and standards:
o Contracted banks
o Shortages and Overages
o Late charges
o Petty cash and paid outs
o Posting charges
o Making change for guests
o Cashing personal or travelers checks
o Payment methods or processing
o Settling accounts
o Closing reports
o Cashier reports
o Balancing receipts
o Dropping receipts
o Securing banks
• Assist Accounting in researching all disputed charges and contact guests where required to explain disputes regarding Front Desk procedures.
• Assist staff with expediting problem payments.
• Anticipate sold out situations and know how many rooms are overbooked. Locate alternative accommodations for guests and "walk" guests, following hotel policies and procedures.
• Audit surrounding area hotels daily for status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages. Maintain current list of available locations for walk situations.
• Anticipate low occupancy periods and coordinate blocking of rooms with Executive Housekeeper to maximize labor costs, deep cleaning and maintenance of rooms.
• Review the arrival report for accuracy and completeness. Check printed registration cards against information on arrival report; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
• Ensure that all V.I.P.'s are pre registered according to standards.
• Work closely with Housekeeping management to ensure accurate status of each room, readiness of rooms for check in and to report guest concerns.
• Print special requests report and block according to specifications.
• Balance room types daily according to departmental procedures.
• Print credit check report and review status of each account. Follow up on accounts beyond approved credit limits.
• Review resumes for arriving groups; organize and coordinate master accounts and check in/check-out., pre registration procedures.
• Print and review masters for departed groups; check accuracy and distribute to Accounting.
• Review flag reports and follow up accordingly.
• Coordinate delivery time of amenities with room service, ensuring timely delivery.
• Monitor V.I.P. arrivals; greet and escort them to their room.
• Review requests for late check outs and approve according to occupancy. Communicate such to Housekeeping.
• Review all out of order rooms daily with respective departments to determine most current status and estimated date for return to room inventory.
• Print report on discrepant rooms, research discrepancies and enter current status accordingly.
• Complete bucket check nightly according to departmental procedures.
• Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on hotel premises and escort off property contact Security where necessary.
• Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
• Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to hotel standards.
• Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
• Respond to all pages by beeper promptly.
• Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records.
• Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering. Contact Engineering directly for urgent repairs.
• Document pertinent information in department log book.
• Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
• Review status of assignments and any follow up action with on coming supervisor.
• High school graduate or equivalent, some college
• Previous experience in guest services
• Two years experience as a Front Office Supervisor, preferably a four star hotel
• Must be able to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co workers
• Must be able to provide legible communication
• Ability to enforce hotel's standards, policies and procedures with Front Desk staff.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work
• Ability to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections where needed
• Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment
• Ability to focus attention on details
• Ability to suggestively sell available rooms
• Ability to input and access information into system
• Ability to remain calm and courteous when consulting with demanding, difficult guests and/or situations
• Ability to perform job functions to standards under pressure of multiple arrivals and departures
• Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information
• Must be able to accurately compute mathematical calculations
With unique commitment to service, Hotel Abri is a home-away-from-home for business travelers on the road, and the ideal base for tourists looking to explore everything San Francisco has to offer. We provide boutique amenities, such as spacious rooms and suites, high-tech features, and personalized service, all at accessible prices.
Role: Front Office Manager
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.