Spero Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SPRO) is a multi-asset clinical stage biopharmaceutical company in Cambridge, Mass. We are highly committed to advancing novel treatment approaches for bacterial infections with a world-class team of biotechnological and biopharmaceutical experts. The company has a pipeline of novel and highly differentiated antibacterial and rare disease product candidates focused on the unmet needs of patients with multi-drug resistant (MDR) bacterial infections. Spero's lead product candidate, tebipenem HBr (tebipenem pivoxil hydrobromide, formerly SPR994), is designed to be the first oral carbapenem antibiotic for use in adults to treat serious bacterial infections, including those caused by MDR Gram-negative infections. In September 2020, Spero announced positive top-line results from its Phase 3 ADAPT-PO clinical trial of tebipenem HBr in complicated urinary tract infection and acute pyelonephritis. Spero is also advancing SPR720, its oral antimicrobial agent in development for the treatment of nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) pulmonary disease, a rare orphan disease. Spero's third product candidate, SPR206, is an IV-administered agent being developed as an innovative option to treat MDR Gram-negative bacterial infections.
We sincerely believe that our novel product candidates will have meaningful impact on patient health and significant commercial applications for the treatment of MDR infections in both the hospital and community settings.
General Scope and Summary of Role
Spero Therapeutics is looking for a collaborative, enthusiastic partner responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining applications software and systems used to support the G&A functions. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with business partners in HR, Talent Acquisition and Legal/Compliance, project managers, and vendor partners to deliver and support IT solutions across a dynamic and growing biotechnology company. This role will partner with business leads to translate business needs into effective system requirements and be responsible for business requirements analysis, design, implementation, and vendor management. This role will also perform day-to-day operations and maintenance of all G&A systems
What You'll Do
- Work collaboratively with internal the IT team, internal business partners and external vendors to identify, understand, implement and support new business capabilities where appropriate.
- Identify and implement process and/or system changes that improve the effectiveness of business areas.
- Provides strategic direction, architecture design, implementation, and support for all G & A systems including HRIS, ATS, Contracts Management.
- Liaise with vendors and outsourced partners conducting work on assigned projects, ensuring their deliverables are in alignment within the agreed scope and business requirements while maintaining positive and collaborative working relationships.
- As System Owner work collaboratively with other System owners, to ensure that systems are operating as expected and are maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements and Spero ITOPs.
- Maintain system security and data privacy, of systems in scope, in accordance with current Spero IT policies and applicable regulations.
- Liaise with the vendors Technical Support team(s) to determine and implement incident resolution in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the implementation of Patches / Upgrades etc. with the vendor to minimize impact to ongoing projects and resources. Ensure proper testing and communications are conducted.
- Lead and initiate troubleshooting quality / functionality issues associated with the systems.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in science, Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of experience working in support of enterprise-wide systems in a Business Manager and/or Technical role, with implementation and operations support experience.
- Understanding and demonstrated experience of IT systems and processes, as well as familiarity with HR, Legal and Corporate Compliance platforms within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven experience of building and supporting integrations between IT systems.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities without direct authority in a consultative, collaborative and team-oriented style.
- Ability to apply strategic insight to determine best-fit solutions and processes for stakeholders.
- Able to influence peers, and in some cases functional/ departmental leadership, on matters concerning functional area of expertise.
- Able to work independently as well as with global cross functional teams and time zones consisting of internal customers and external service providers.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to understand business needs and improve business processes.
- Good business acumen to understand the value of business capabilities enabled by IT.
- Sufficient technology acumen to understand interdependencies and major risks.
- Good presentation, communication, facilitation and influence skills; understanding of organizational change management concepts.
By joining our committed and highly motivated team, you will experience a workplace culture that is inclusive, fair, challenging, supportive, and respectful. Spero's culture is one that emphasizes “servant leadership,” or putting ego aside and working for the benefit of the team and our patients and values our colleagues' opinions and celebrates accomplishments in service of patients.
Powered by JazzHR