Come Grow With US
D&B Grocers Wholesale & Distributors
Sales Rep/Merchandiser - Large Grocery/Mass Merchant Full time Salary plus commission plus bonus
Locations: Wayne Washtenaw and Oakland Counties
Position acts as the primary store-level sales/merchandising person to large national accounts like supermarkets and is responsible for providing service to and growing business in assigned accounts. Generate sales by selling to and servicing customers. Rotates and stocks products on shelves and displays, in coolers, and in customers' backrooms. Builds displays and sets up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. Has frequent interaction with store management. This position is labor intensive, requiring lifting, and loading, pushing and pulling cases weighing from 10-15 pounds per case repeatedly over 10-12 hour work period. The position requires bending, reaching, and squatting while merchandising and moving product. The position may include weekend and/or holiday work.
• Grow sales volume, market share, product distribution, space allocation, and customer service in all assigned accounts
• Take inventory, place orders for future delivery, and sell product inventory to standard
• Sell and execute promotions, solicit placement of equipment, and use point-of-purchase materials to stimulate sales
• Maintain and increase shelf facings, clean shelves, and rotate products
• Provide excellent service to assigned accounts and create and maintain goodwill with all customers (e.g., communication, rapport building, attentiveness to customer needs, etc.)
• Merchandise product sections and build displays to stimulate sales
• Complete required paperwork in an accurate, legible, and timely manner
• Comply with operating procedures (e.g., scan-in/scan-out, following designated route, etc.)
• Operate equipment for moving products (e.g., pushing/pulling of the U-Boat, and hand trucks)
• Use hand held device to input/write orders
• 18 years or older
• Must have car to access multi-store locations within assigned shift
• Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
• Experience with merchandising (e.g., standards, planograms, product displays, stocking/rotating product, back-room organization, etc.).
• Experience with consumer products (e.g., multiple products, packages, product sizes, etc.) Experience with hand held computers (e.g., mobile technology)
• Experience with managing inventory (e.g., current stock, projected sales, ordering/re-stocking, etc.).
• Experience with business-to-business selling (e.g. building relationships with customers, handling customer complaints, etc.).
Experience with managing a route (e.g., prioritizing stops, setting a schedule, servicing accounts,
• Experience with incremental selling (e.g., selling above the standard order, suggesting additional product, up selling/suggestive selling, etc.).
D&B Grocers Wholesale & Distributors roots in the grocery business go back to 1962, when Michael Hesano Sr. opened Hesano Market in Detroit.
The family ascended to the next level in 1994, when they founded D&B Grocers in the Detroit suburb of Lincoln Park. Their goal was to fill the void for an independent distributor to service independent retailers in the Detroit-area market. They quickly found success as D&B Grocers became a primary source for independents across Southeastern Michigan.
Despite the area’s economic ups and downs, D&B Grocers continued its growth. In 2004, D&B Grocers moved to a new warehouse facility in Livonia, and it added additional square footage in 2006.
D&B Grocers now serves hundreds of retailers in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Illinois.
Role: Sales Rep/Merchandiser - Large Grocery/Mass Merchant
Apply for this job now.