Company: JUNIPER TRAINING
Job Type: Apprenticeship, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum
Juniper is an independent established training provider who have been assisting young people to move forward and achieve for 35 years. Delivering Traineeships, Study Programmes and Apprenticeships we help young people across the country to take positive steps forward in their lives.
Joining us as a SEND Tutor, you will deliver engaging, effective and innovative training sessions to groups of students, build and maintain good relationships with the local authorities, provide excellent support and CEIAG to students with EHCPs, deliver a good quality of education to groups of students with SEND.
Engaging with external speakers in order to enhance the learning experience, you will plan and facilitate enterprise projects and arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities. You will also be involved in a range of assessment activities including assessing and mapping units for BTEC Employability qualifications and assessing readiness for Functional Skills / GCSE exams.
Do you hold a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths? Do you have experience of delivering effective training sessions to groups? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Highly motivated and with a positive, bubby and engaging personality, you will be able to build rapport with a target group and be able to retain their attention during training sessions. You will have exceptional communication skills and be able to persuade and influence others, dealing with conflicting and challenging behaviour. Competent in the use of IT, you’ll need to be innovative and solution focused and be able to meet targets, providing a quality service to all stakeholders.
If successful in this post, we also ask that you are committed to gaining a Level 3 teaching qualification and a Level 3 English and/or Maths qualification should you not already hold these.
The welfare of our students is paramount therefore the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check.
- Generous paid holidays - 25 days to start with, increasing by length of service up to 30 days
- A flexible holiday scheme - allows you to buy up to 10 days holiday, or sell up to 5 days holiday (based on full-time)
- An extra day off to celebrate your Birthday
- J-Fit - a scheme where employees participate in 3 x 45 minute exercise activities each week for a year, your reward…..an additional working weeks annual leave!
- A contributory pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers; cycle to work scheme
- Excellent working hours - our core business hours are 8.30 am - 4.30 pm, but we appreciate the importance of a good work-life balance and try to accommodate atypical working patterns wherever possible
- An annual conference and team building day
- Extensive training opportunities - both internally and externally, accredited qualifications and a comprehensive competency training plan
- Regular reviews and development planning to support career development
- The opportunity to take part in social events / support local charities
- Employee involvement - we ask for your feedback via surveys, focus groups and programme development and really do listen!
- And of course, to work with some of the best people in the business and the opportunity to change lives.