Who You Are
- An exceptional data scientist with a desire to develop technologies which create business insights that drive decision-making and positively impact lives
- Someone who has a passion for extracting the signal from the noise, and for merging and transforming rich multidimensional datasets into insight that improves patient care
- Someone with an entrepreneurial personality, who is result and customer focused, and you thrive in a dynamic environment with lots of personal responsibilities and limited formalities. You are a team player, flexible, creative, and eager to learn.
- Master’s degree and five or more years of health research, epidemiology, or pharmaceutical industry analytics experience
- Experience working ‘hands-on’ with health care claims data and or other types of health care data
- Health economics, epidemiology, outcomes research, or health services research experience
- Expertise in data modeling, visualization, statistical signal processing, machine learning, and algorithm development
- Proven, practical track record conceptualizing, testing, and implementing data mining and analysis techniques
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong sense of customer service to consistently and effectively address client needs
- Experience using SAS, R, Python, Tableau, Hadoop, Hive, NLP, and other big data technologies/tools
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction
- Expertise with Talend, PostgreSQL, Vertica, or Redshift
- Visualization experience using Looker
- Familiarity with development methodologies including Scrum
- Experience with large data sets and/or the analysis of unstructured health care data
- Experiences with data mining, machine learning, and predictive modeling techniques, and their applications
If you're interested in learning more, please send us your resume. If you have a presence on the web (Twitter, GitHub, etc.), contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice another technical craft, we’d love to hear about it!
Innovu is a data analytics company that empowers its clients to use total rewards and risk data differently to better manage and mitigate business and employee population risk. By integrating and validating all data sources into a single, secure, cloud-based solution, clients gain control of their data, generating a 360-degree view of their employee populations. With collaboration and messaging built into Innovu’s solutions, clients can easily work with their advisors and Innovu’s benefits and risk experts, healthcare analysts, and business specialists, ensuring clients have the actionable insights needed to make more informed business decisions.
Innovu's culture is that of an entrepreneurial company; fast-paced and team oriented. We believe in:
Relentless Focus - We are technologists, entrepreneurs, and healthcare and benefits industry experts who have come together with a relentless focus to empower data-driven organizations by unlocking the power of employee health and benefits information.
Agility & Leanness - Healthcare and employee benefits are going through profound changes that require our customers and our people to be able to quickly adapt. Technology is always in a state of change. Agility and lean thinking pervade our actions, our development processes, and our company.
Innovation - To empower and change an industry takes more than just cool technology. It takes unique and innovative approaches to solving previously unsolvable business problems. Innovu's people supply this innovation each day, in each process and function.
Teamwork & Communication - Our culture is based around radical candor, low ego personalities, and a straightforward and open communications style. We are committed to retaining this distinctive personality as our team grows.
Role: Data Scientist
Apply for this job now.