Operations Manager (Refurbishments and Maintenance)
Office based in Middlesex (role to cover Hounslow)
£45,000 - £52,500
Monday to Friday
I've partnered with an expanding business based in the Middlesex area who due to a number of new contracts, they are experiencing tremendous growth and looking for a number of key hires across the business
As Operations Manager you'll be responsible for a team of site managers/supervisors, operatives and contractors delivering projects to corporate properties, including schools and libraries, with values expected to range between £5,000-£200,000 with an annual value of £3m - £5m.
You'll be working with the client budget-holders you will oversee project development, pricing, programming and delivery through a combination of in-house labour and sub-contractors. As the division develops you will recruit additional in-house resource to increase the capacity for direct delivery, reducing reliance on sub-contractors. You will work closely with the in-post Major Works Operations Manager who delivers major projects on the Housing side to develop and grow the new corporate projects division
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Operations and Finance Directors to develop a fit-for-purpose team structure and recruit competent staff to each post.
- Provide leadership, support and motivation to staff ensuring all are recruited, trained, managed, appraised and developed effectively in accordance with policy and procedures. • Work with the commercial and procurement teams to develop our sub-contractor network in line with the Keeping it Local initiative.
- Working with our commercial team, undertake tendering and procurement in line with company and public funding rules and regulations.
- Ensure works are carried out within the terms of the tender, in particular to technical specifications, quality and cost.
- To bring strong Commercial understanding and previous accountability for meeting targets/KPIs and cascade that knowledge.
- Ensure that projects, meet or exceed targets set for the service including programme adherence, commercial imperatives and customer satisfaction.
- Undertake data analysis to identify trends and areas for improvement to achieve service and financial objectives.
- To identify areas for improvement and put in place action plans to address performance issues to ensure service and/or financial targets are met.
- To develop, in your direct reports, understanding of cost, income, budget management and P&L, and implement corrective actions.
- To have a well - defined communication and engagement model in place to ensure all teams understand the performance of the business and that they understand the needs of their teams.
- Ensure that our processes as detailed in our quality management systems are followed and work on the identification and implementation of operational best practice through interaction with the wider team.
- Ensure risk assessments, method statements and relevant documentation for all contract activities are in place to guarantee risk control and audit measures.
- Work with peers and staff to improve staff utilisation and productivity.
- Embed a customer-focused approach to continuous service improvement using client/resident feedback.
- Produce and present high-quality communications and reports to SMT, staff and other stakeholders including client, contractors and our residents.
- In conjunction with the H&S and L&D teams ensure that all staff are qualified, competent and trained to undertake their duties.
- Setting and reviewing organisational/productivity objectives as appropriate.