Advanced Quality Engineer
Assist Project and Manufacturing teams in quality planning for top products and processes for an effective launch. Solve quality related problems and ensure released processes and procedures are being followed appropriately.
- Develop project quality plan (Quality Concept) during development phase of project and execute on planned activities to assure an effective launch.
- Facilitate engineering development of DFMEA activities.
- Participate in manufacturing development of Process Flows and PFMEA activities
- Develop control plans for prototype, pre-production and production phases of product lifecycle by ensuring appropriate inspection plans, quality gates (verification station) and containment plans developed for launch.
- Ensure preparation/on-time delivery of product launch by achieving customer milestone timing: PPAP, etc.
- Facilitate development of appropriate MSA plan for launch.
- Identify appropriate statistical tools and techniques required for assessing process capability and verify measuring devices are included on Control Plan: generation of gauge instructions.
- Facilitate Design Reviews of specifications/drawings related to system development of special characteristics.
- Establish risk analysis for development suppliers and parts for classification of APQP part management.
- Support Supplier Quality Engineers: supplier selection, kick-off meetings and process sign-off.
- Facilitate activities to obtain appropriate certifications for China, Brazil and India.
- Support DV/PV builds and verify that parts meet dimensional and functional requirements.
- Lead customer audits, report audit findings and ensure timely closure of corrective actions.
- Perform root cause analysis/problem solving and with robust corrective actions for internal/customer issues during development/product phases maintaining 8D (open issues) tracking in SAP (Q1, Q3 Notifications).
- Analyze complex functions, procedures, processes, and problems regarding plant quality while providing creative, logical, and cost-effective solutions.
- Assist Quality Manager in supporting concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing "voice" of customer and projects assigned.
- Perform completion of APQP activities; analyzing and improving manufacturing warranty issues; attending change management meetings, simultaneous engineering and build status meetings; ensuring customer requirements are achieved; and communicating to other departments, updating customer systems in appropriate timeframe; coordination of engineering changes; developing acceptance criteria; following up and answering customer concerns; data management; drawing review/sign-off.
- Assist Plant Quality in: customer returns, scrap, dock audit, complaint management, breakpoint tracking (part history), product audit, CMM measuring, quarantine cage of non-conforming materials, general containment, setting up plant floor systems necessary to ensure a robust launch; initiating, executing, and communicating corrective actions related to production quality issues.
- Assist with mfg., Kaizen, TPM, suggestion program, 3P workshops, lessons learned during development cycle.
- Develop, implement, maintain quality system procedures, processes, work instructions, guidelines, forms, etc.
- Participate in internal/external quality system audits.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Bachelor of Science in Quality, Engineering, Business, or technical related experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of quality engineering experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently with diplomacy and persuasion is required.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
- Expertise in automotive industry standards is required.
- Strong project management skills are required.
- Corrective actions (8D's, 7 Steps, Drill Deep & Wide), PPAP, APQP, GD&T, blueprint, ISO/TS, and SPC required.
- Greenbelt and SAP experience is preferred.
- Quality system auditing experience is preferred.
- Experience with Design of Experiments is preferred.
- Ability to find common ground and resolution is required.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Advanced Quality Engineer position should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to move forward in the process.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Technical Recruiter/Account Manager
Of the more than 80 offices in our network, the Roseville, MI Bryant Bureau office consistently ranks among the top two offices in successful candidate placements. Four of the nation's top 20 recruiters work in this office, including one who has sat on the Board of Directors for the exclusive Pinnacle Society, an organization whose membership is reserved for the top recruiters in the nation.
Our recruiters interact with top level industry professionals on a daily basis. These relationships have been built through memberships in various industry organizations and their personal initiative in developing strong professional relationships throughout the community.
Bryant Bureau is a Member of the Michigan Association of Staffing Services.
Role: Advanced Quality Engineer
Apply for this job now.