Join a sector that helps others! Talk to us - click APPLY now!
We're looking for Male Support Workers to work with us in Birchington supporting 3 brothers with learning disabilities, autism and complex challenging behaviours. Who have learning disabilities, physical disabilities and behaviours that challenge in a residential support service.
As a Support Worker you will;
- Ensure the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential
- Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments, education etc.
- Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Help with personal care such as supporting with showering, toileting and dressing.
- Full training will be provided and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be male in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
- Various contracts available - Full time, part time or bank hours
- Shift work - days, evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays (24/7) Also including Sleep-in & Waking Night shifts.
Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
- No experience needed but would be beneficial
- Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed
- Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible
- Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles
- Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting
- Show commitment to personal and professional development
We offer our Support Workers (T&C's apply):
- £18,373 + £1,200 complexity payment per annum (pro rata)
- Paid enhanced DBS
- E-learning/Classroom training/Diplomas
- Regular one to one supervision
- Refer a friend bonus scheme - earn up to £350
- Increasing annual leave with length of service
- Flexible working
- Occupational sick pay
- Maternity/paternity pay
- Employee Assistance Programme