We are delighted to be working for our Felixstowe based client who has seen significant growth over the past 12 month. We are seek a dynamic full-time Credit Controller to join our client thriving business.
The role includes:
- Recording and posting to Sage all incoming receipts
- Advising operations staff of amounts paid for duty/VAT
- Chasing clients for any short/non payments and maintaining all accounts within credit terms
- Creation of new clients on both freight software and Sage
- Seeking credit reports and references for credit applications
- Sending monthly statements to all clients and following up with regular updates where payment is late
- Ensuring that 'cleared funds' invoices are paid before we release goods to the client
- Maintenance of daily list of duty/VAT amounts received for payment to HMRC
- Resolving any client queries, to include liaising with operations staff and raising of any credit notes required
- Raising sales invoices, as required
- Assisting with holiday cover for the accounts team, as required
- Reporting to the Managing Director
Hours for this role are 9:00 - 17:30, with an hour for lunch, and the role is office-based.
The office is Covid secure, including Perspex screening around all desks, twice daily sanitisation of all 'high-touch' surfaces, and temperature checks for all staff each morning.
The successful applicant will have relevant experience in the freight industry and will be fully conversant with Sage 50.
The salary is £20,000 - £22,000, depending on experience, plus an annual profit-related bonus (paid mid-December).
Other benefits include pension scheme, private health insurance and free parking.
If you are seeking a busy demanding role please do send your CV to us at
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK&Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.