The Pipefitter must possess knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to fabricate, modify, repair and install piping and support structures in all types of fluid systems, drain systems and wave guides in connection with ship alteration and repair. The following is a list of typical work that the Pipefitter might be asked to perform:
1. Lay out work from blueprints, sketches, verbal orders, or TGIs.
2. Repair or remove and replace damaged ship system components and pipe systems. Work from templates, manufacturing and installing parts and assemblies with reference to base lines, centerlines, frame lines and other reference points.
3. Prepare pipe and component surfaces for cutting, welding and brazing.
4. Work is accomplished using miscellaneous hand, electric and pneumatic tools. Uses precision tools such as micrometers, depth gauges and calipers while performing close tolerance work.
5. Coordinate and arrange for the work of several trades in connection with performing work from information received from technical work documents, blueprints, specifications, written and/or oral instructions.
6. Must have knowledge of and experience using cleanliness plugs and closures to preserve system cleanliness during work operations. Must have knowledge of material control/material identification requirements.
7. Must have the ability to recognize working conditions or use of materials that require initiation of safety precautions and have the Personal Protective Equipment for said conditions/materials.
8. Will have working knowledge on how to read and understand the information provided in a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Shipyard Staffing, LLC is one of the leading staffing firms for the Marine industry. Our talent ranges from unskilled labors, skilled tradesman, experienced professionals and college level management. Our dedicated staff has served our clients for many years adapting to changing cultures and economical impacts. We have the privilege to serve nationally known corporations such as General Dynamics, BAE, Huntington Ingalls Industries, and many small businesses. Shipyard Staffing is V3 certified and is designated a small business by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Two locations serve the Hampton Roads area, and Mayport/Jacksonville Florida. EOE
Apply for this job now.