Learning Support Assistant
£65 - £80 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 2 weeks relevet experience within an SEND school.
Vision for Education are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative Learning Support Assistant. Working at a alternaive provision in Lincoln, this is a varied role that will require flexibility and a can-do attitude. Starting in September, this is a part-time that could be made permanent for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed Learning Support Assistant to make a difference to their students lives and assist with English, Maths and Functional Skills. The successful Learning Support Assistant will be required to work with small classes of 16-24 year olds with additional needs and sometimes presenting challenging behavior, mainly assisting pupils in overcoming barriers.
The school are seeking and engaging and proactive Learning Support Assistant to join their motivated team. A warm and inclusive environment, they provide bespoke, child-centred, high quality education programmes, which aim to ensure that all the students individual educational needs are met.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
- Have experience working with either with small groups or 1:1 with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may have Special Educational Needs.
- Be able to provide a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- Mentor and engage with the students, successfully delivering specifically designed educational packages.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challen