Prepares preliminary and final independent cost estimates of projects for comparison with designer or contractor for PM/CM to establish negotiating position
Prepares change orders estimates for Owner Authorized Representatives to establish negotiating position
Provides support in price negotiations
Prepares claim analyses and estimates
Prepares detailed estimates of construction costs based on drawings, specifications and sketches Reviews contractor’s claims and proposals for merit and accountability
Minimum Requirements /Required Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years full time paid professional experience in construction estimating of facilities or school construction
- Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders
- Knowledge of current local construction labor and material cost.
- Ability to compare the independent cost estimate with contractor proposal to quickly identify difference
- Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
CMTS is a multifaceted company specializing in construction management and project management for public and private sectors. As a firm with prime capabilities and national reach, we offer our clients the following services: program management, owners representative, construction management, safety, project controls, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering/architectural design review, value engineering, constructability and construction document review, commissioning and inspection services.
Role: Project Cost Estimator - Program Support Services
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.