National Food Distribution Company is currently in need of night shift Driver Helpers to assist in unloading product at customer locations. Career opportunity with top pay, benefits, and opportunity for advancement.
Sun-Fri/Saturdays off and one week day off assigned after start
JOB SUMMARY (Briefly state why this position exists)
Assist the driver in unloading of product at customer locations according to customer invoices, Preferred Work Methods and company policies.
- Unload product according to customer specifications and company delivery procedures at customer locations.
- Develops and establishes good relationships with customers by providing excellent, courteous service.
- Learn route on current bid.
- Assist in all aspects of route paperwork.
- Works safely by following our Preferred Work Methods.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Assist the driver in the pre-trip and coupling of equipment to ensure the vehicle is safe to operate. Assists with ensuring tandems are properly and safely locked out to meet any applicable laws for weight requirements.
- Provides assistance in routing with map reading and giving directions on route. Helps with situations involving low clearances, i.e., getting out of vehicle and directing driver under a low underpass to ensure proper clearance.
- Assisting with delivery set up at the customer location. This includes all three compartments of the trailer, and requires directing the driver to ensure the proper set up is attained safely.
- Assist driver in backing situations by getting out of the truck and watching for hazards, communicate using hand signals and or verbal communication.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school Diploma
Work is medium to heavy in nature. Half the day is spent sitting in a tractor/trailer unit. Must be able to climb into trailer, lift 50 lb. boxes frequently, lift up to 75 lb. boxes occasionally, and move product on the 2-wheeler. You must be able to communicate clearly to customers.
Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Position is subject to various roads, mechanical and electrical hazards. Must be open to working nights, weekends and holidays.
Nexus Staffing Solutions is a premier, full-service recruitment firm specializing in the oil and gas, and manufacturing, transportation and distribution industries. Our clients range from small businesses to global corporations.
When you work with us, you get an advanced and specialized knowledge base. Our team of recruitment experts includes Certified Personnel Consultants and some of the top recruiters in Colorado, as recognized by the Colorado Association of Personnel Consultants. Together, our team has 75 combined years of staffing industry experience.
Role: Driver Helper Night Shift
Apply for this job now.