Provide leadership and guidance to ensure maintenance standards are achieved and sustained across a portfolio of properties. Oversee all maintenance operations within the region, obtain the best value for its maintenance and capital expenditure dollars, and provide leadership to senior maintenance personnel and site staff.
- Oversee maintenance operations.
- Ensure the following maintenance functions within the portfolio are completed to Winn Standards: curb appeal, building interior and exterior, building system reviews, preventive maintenance schedule, work order completion, unit turnover and seasonal maintenance including snow removal.
- Lead maintenance personnel.
- Supervise Regional Maintenance Personnel and provide guidance through training and development. Assist Senior Management and Property Managers in recruiting, hiring, and succession planning. Assess talent and cultivate maintenance staff to improve skill set and core competencies.
- Manage financial controls.
- Work with Senior Management and Property Managers to adhere to budgets. Partner with Senior Management to forecast budgets. Assess, analyze and recommend capital projects. Approve scope of work and competitive bid package for maintenance and capital expenditures. Ensure capital projects are completed timely.
- Adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance of all properties with federal, state and local & REAC inspections. Responsible for pre-inspection of properties prior to REACs ensuring above average inspection results.
- Ensure site safety and emergency response.
- Confirm employees are following safety standards and safe work practices. Oversee maintenance personnel response and efforts in emergency situations on site, such as fires and floods, during and after normal business hours. Ensure sites are prepared to handle emergencies.
- Assess new property opportunities.
- Participate with Senior Management as a member of the “due diligence” team. Review capital expenditure, building systems and management operation needs.
- High School diploma or GED. Vocational or Technical Training in Maintenance, Facilities or Management preferred.
- More than 10 years of similar work experience.
- 8-10 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
A career at WinnCompanies launches you into the diverse, fast-paced world of property management. With 3,000 team members at 500+ sites, across 22 states and D.C., we are the #1 manager of affordable housing, and leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
What does this mean for you?
You’ll benefit from our four decades of experience, dedication to excellence, and commitment to the communities where we work. Whether you’re in operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR or finance, your work will impact people who are more than just residents to us—they’re individuals, families and even heroes.
Role: Director of Facilities - CM3346
Apply for this job now.