nstructional Designer will develop and design, or re-design, instructional content for instructor-led courseware that support field-driven performance shortfalls, overseeing and creating course content, and researching, implementing, and evaluating training in accordance with client and industry standards. Carney’s ideal candidate is passionate about instructional design and developing solutions.
This position is located on-site with the client at Joint-Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington, DC.
- Develop and design instructional content for instructor-led courseware
- Collaborate on training plans and blending learning implementation strategies
- Provide quality assurance and peer reviews on design plans and instructional materials
- Create professional level presentation materials
- Draft course materials such as programs of instruction, lesson plans, learning objectives, etc.
- Perform needs and/or gap analysis to determine training needs
- Act as subject-matter expert in instructional systems design
- Demonstrate superior oral and written communication skills
- Be self-directed, highly professional, and collaborative
- May serve as team lead and assist with administrative functions
- Bachelor degree in a relevant area
- Ten (10) years instructional design experience
- TS/SCI clearance
- Knowledge of DoD processes and terminology
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Military experience
- Experience designing and developing web based training
- Favorable DoD Polygraph
**New Benefit: Beginning January 2018, Carney will offer a student loan repayment benefit to help employees reduce their student debt
Carney offers a full suite of benefits to its employees. These include common benefits, such as:
- Multiple medical options (CareFirst), dental (Lincoln Financial), and vision insurance (EyeMed)
- Carney-paid life and disability (life/AD&D are two times salary)
- 401k with match (20% of the first 10% contributed)
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts
- Paid time off starting at 15 days per year plus 10 paid holidays
- Education Assistance
- Aflac plans (seven options)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Carney also offers additional benefits as part of our commitment to valuing employees and these include:
- Parental leave (six weeks)
- Student loan repayment
- Legal services plan
- Get Out and Learn (up to $200 annually to learn almost anything!)
- Get Out and Run (up to $200 annually to participate in fitness events!)
- Ad hoc training/professional develo
Carney was founded in 1994 with a single mission-to help individuals, teams, and organizations accelerate their performance. Since then, Carney has garnered dozens of awards and secured several federal contract vehicles, including GSA MOBIS (874), and the OPM-GSA Human Capital and Training Solutions (HCaTS) contract vehicle. With over two decades to its name, Carney is building on its successes and continues to deliver remarkable client experiences.
Today Carney is still helping individuals, teams, and organizations perform “at the speed of need.” With a business base that is 60 percent military and 40 percent civilian agencies, Carney helps unlock the hidden learning/performance potential in dozens of offices and agencies throughout the federal government.
Though many of its performance improvement solutions employ cutting-edge technology, including augmented- and virtual-reality simulations, Carney also provides a full spectrum of organizational performance improvement services to help refine business processes - tasks like strategic human-capital planning, program management, and evaluation.
The spirit that drives the company is the same today as when John and Leslie Carney opened the company more than 15 years ago. John said, “At end of the day, we race to results with remarkable solutions that deliver remarkable client experiences.”
Role: Instructional Systems Designer III
Apply for this job now.