Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongsideFlintshire County Council to provide them a with a Pensions Officer to join their team on a Contract Basis!
1. To provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), Teachers' Pensions and Peoples Pension schemes. Liaising with representatives of those schemes.
2. To undertake payroll related pension administration, ensuring correct application, accuracy and timescales are met for internal and external clients. Ensuring that work is completed within statutory and service level agreements deadlines.
3. To maintain a thorough knowledge of all the pensions schemes covering all employees and external clients of the Council. Having a correct understanding and application of the LGPS, Teachers Pensions, Peoples Pension Schemes and /Statutory Schemes/Legislation/Council Policies and Procedures/Conditions of Service/Discretions and other relevant regulations/ guidance as they affect payroll related pensions administration.
4. To Liaise with the team leader - payroll/systems to ensure all guidance relating to the LGPS, Teachers & Peoples Pensions Scheme are conveyed to the relevant HR & OD team members
5. To contribute to the development of staff within the Employment Services team with regard to pensions knowledge. To provide assistance to and comply with requests from internal and external auditors. To liaise with the supplier of HR & Payroll software with regards to legislative changes, pension related system queries and any subsequent required system updates.
6. To ensure that any identified deficiencies and/or scope for improvement in pension administration and compliance are progressed at the earliest opportunity, including the use of the HR/Payroll system and the Council's infonet and internet facilities.
7. To produce, populate and reconcile all pension returns to the multiple scheme providers within the deadlines set for each scheme. To ensure that all pensions related correspondence and queries are dealt with in a timely manner.
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Matt Byrne-Fraser @ Spencer Clarke group - #removed#
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers