This is a 3-month contract with our client, a major social media company.
The candidate will coordinate and administer user studies, ensure high quality data annotation, and work with a cross functional team to collect feedback on tools in order to communicate trends to help improve our products and technology.
- Assisting principal investigator with experiments involving human subjects
- Conducting user studies
- Staging and setting up of equipment for studies. Set-up may involve engaging with external equipment vendors, internal and external safety evaluators, and the research study team to ensure the equipment is set-up properly and creation of study test materials/instructions
- Recruiting and screening participants for availability, interest level, and appropriate qualifications.
- Coordinate the logistics of user research, including participant scheduling and distribution of incentives.
- Conduct studies: this includes any or all of the following: obtaining participant consent, assuring the privacy and confidentiality of participants and their data, instructing study participants and guiding them through study procedures, running the study procedures, collecting the data per study design, formatting and annotating the data, tracking of participant compensation, tracking of equipment and procedures, and creating basic reports regarding the data. The person will be expected to follow procedures related to maintaining confidential information and handling of confidential data.
- Study support services. Support research and development and give feedback to the Oculus study team to optimize study procedures
- Data Labelling and Quality Assurance
- Annotate data according to specifications discussed with principal investigator and create tutorials for training other team members on labelling
- Manage labeling queues to ensure accuracy and timeliness of labeled data is meeting research team needs
- Consolidating feedback on annotation tooling and surfacing feedback to engineering team
- Adhere to ethical codes related to conducting user research at Facebook.
- Ability to quickly absorb training on product and tool functionality
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills verbally and via email
- Strong interest in quality and user experience
- Penchant for web technology (consumer of various web and mobile apps) a PLUS
- Experience working in VR/AR industry a PLUS
- CS experience preferred
Undergraduate Degree required
Role: Product Data Integrity Contractor
Location: Menlo Park,
Apply for this job now.