Financial Controller | Start-up | VC backed | FinTech
Our client, a well-funded FinTech start-up is at the stage of their evolution where they need to recruit their first Financial Controller to help ensure that they continue along their current steep growth trajectory. We need to identify a high calibre individual with the ability and ambition to become Finance Director in 2-3 years’ time.
Reporting to the CEO and with support from a finance orientated NED, the Financial Controller will have full responsibility for ensuring the Finance Function runs efficiently through strong processes and controls, whilst driving all FP&A activity. You will be tasked with driving automation through the finance function to deliver efficiencies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Produce timely, consistent, and accurate monthly management accounts for Board review covering budget vs actual, key trend analysis and key performance indicator reporting together with meaningful financial commentary and forecasts.
- Pricing and competitor analysis; building and developing financial models to track and drive performance.
- Maintain the cash flow forecast and ensure efficient working capital through active accounts receivable and payables management
- Ensure appropriate levels of internal control, developing and implementing finance systems and process that can scale with the business.
- Managing all day-to-day Finance Operations including sales and purchases, data entry, credit control and reconciliations where required.
- Implement systems to automate finance processes where possible.
Background and experience
- An academically strong, qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA) with a strong technical accounting background.
- I anticipate that you will have a blend of big company best practice experience along with some entrepreneurial exposure in an SME environment; this could have come from auditing early stage businesses.
- You must have had financial leadership experience in a VC backed SME preferably in FinTech, Financial Services or SaaS environments.
- The know-how and ability to operate in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- A keen interest in utilising technology and automation to drive business efficiencies.