We are currently seeking a Physical Education Teacher to start work in September 2021 on a full time basis at one of our local schools in Newbury.
The school is an alternative provision which provides education for those pupils who have Social Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH) which prevent them from accessing their mainstream place or they have been permanently excluded from mainstream school due to various reasons. It is a very small school which is currently able to offer 40 pupil places. This comprises of up to 20 places at the main site and up to 20 places at the medical site, therefore the class sizes are no more than 6 pupils. This means a lot less marking and you will have time set aside for planning and preparation during the school hours. The schools runs very similar to a mainstream school, they have an academic timetable, and they adhere to mainstream rules such as wearing a uniform, no phones allowed etc. and all the students will do GCSEs.
The successful candidate must:
- be nurturing and enthusiastic
- be resilient
- be confident working with students with SEMH/challenging behaviour
- have previous teaching experience
To be successful in this role it is desirable if you:
- have experience working with children and/or adults with SEMH
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the role of a Physical Education teacher
- Be willing to cover other subjects when required
- Have the ability to engage pupils in their learning and support them in their social, emotional and personal wellbeing
This is a temporary long term position however, it is likely to lead into permanent employment.
Working as a Teacher for Teaching Personnel offers the following benefits:
- Specialist Recruitment Consultant dedicated to finding you work
- Flexible work in schools local to you
- Access to our CPD Academy
- Pension Scheme
- Weekly Pay
- Refer a Friend Scheme (earn GBP50 per referral)
If you are interested in hearing more about this role please give Narissa Collins a call on #removed# or email your CV to #removed#