We are looking for a Java software engineer with 3 - 4 years' experience to help evolve a web-based application that drives a fast growing SaaS business in the higher education space working as part of a small passionate and dynamic team. Not afraid to jump right in and ramp up on the existing platform, flexible with changing business requirements and supporting client implementation and customer support team. Help drive the vision and direction of the product, implement best practices in development, source code management and AWS hosting to support scaling to meet the strong demand for this exciting new SaaS business.
Options for working remote from home with references supporting this style of working. You would be joining a larger company that is behind this new higher education SaaS product with a startup culture but with the stability and benefits of a larger established company. We are a privately owned family first business! The full compensation package is attractive when you factor in all the benefits and work flexibility.
- 3 + years Java SE programming required
- Understand principles of front-end web development.
- Experience with Java EE technologies, including servlets, JPA
- Some SQL experience
- Familiar with git branches, tags, and merging
- Familiar with terminal use in Unix-like operating systems
- Must be able to learn new technologies on demand
- Develop new backend-driven features
- UI development for backend-driven features
- Core architecture extensions and improvements
- Provide guidance for decisions that affect the stability and extensibility of the product and development processes
- AWS Server administration and scaling planning
- New customer implementation launch support
- CRM (Slate, Salesforce...) integration
- Platform upgrades across all live implementations
- Bug fixes and trouble shooting
Role: Java Software Engineer
Location: Huntingdon Valley,
Apply for this job now.