Savannah Bee's mission is to provide pure healthy honey and hive inspired health and beauty products while educating people about the wonders of the honey bee and preserving the art of beekeeping.
Staying true to Savannah Bee's mission, Ted Dennard, Owner and President, is using his expanded reach to educate more people about the wonder of the honeybee. In 2013, he founded the Bee Cause Project to stimulate curiosity in young people about the importance of honey bees in our lives, and the need to understand and embrace them and to care about their well-being through the installation of beehives in 1,000 schools. He regularly speaks with various organizations, garden clubs, and loves teaching kids (and adults) about honeybees. Ted's lifelong passion for honeybees is seen in his company, the specialty honey, and the luxurious, beehive-based body care products he distributes. Today, Savannah Bee Company works to maintain quality and improve systems while expanding the company's reach. Ted's hope is that Savannah Bee Company emulates a beehive where all his business touches is benefited.
The Sales Associate, “Educator” within the retail stores are the true faces of the Savannah Bee Company. Educators are responsible for maintaining Customer Service as per company standard, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash register operations (POS), and loss prevention in adherence to all Company Policy/Store standards. The hours of operation will vary from store to store. Part-time and Full-time positions are available. All Educators must be available for some nights and weekends. Key responsibilities in addition to outstanding customer service include educating customers about honeybees, teaching customers about the quality and health benefits of our specialty honey and body care products, sell products and be a positive and productive part of an amazing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include assisting in but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge, and all other components of Guest Service
- Maintaining an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise, and advertisements
- Assisting in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and store housekeeping by ensuring that the store is secure, neat and clean at all times.
- Assisting in processing and replenishing merchandise; participating in receiving and monitoring floor stock
- Participates in monthly inventory counts
- Adhering to all Company policies, procedures, and practices including signing, pricing, and loss prevention
- Accurately and efficiently completing all sales transactions and maintaining proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers
- Communicating Guest requests to management
- Acting as a brand ambassador for Savannah Bee Company and our products
- Supporting and fostering the Savannah Bee hive by being engaged with our team
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system
- Ability to communicate with associates and guests
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store
- Ability to work varied hours/days to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to two years sale or customer service experience
- Beekeeping experience or willingness to learn and love of honeybees
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear or answer phones. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb ladders. The employee is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.