Company: ALLIANCE BUS GROUP - ATLANTA COLLEGE PARK
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Alliance Bus Group is now taking applications for a Class A Mechanic. The ideal candidate will be detailed, enjoy problem solving and have good communication skills. Candidate must be reliable and hardworking. $4000 sign-on bonus offered! Must have all ASE certifications and 5 plus years experience in heavy truck, bus, or automotive. Pay will be based on experience and education. We will pay top hourly wage for candidate with all ASE certifications, CDL and other requirements of an A Technician. We offer competitive pay, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match benefits and other company perks. Uniforms are provided as well.
Job Summary: Will be responsible for performing mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance of bus vehicles; will include inspecting, servicing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and overhauling and preventative maintenance on all vehicles.
- Diagnose and repair to specifications - brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities.
- Perform all safety and courtesy inspections.
- Perform assigned mechanical repairs and preventative inspections.
- Follow all service policies & procedures.
- Work closely with the Mechanic Service Manager concerning technical information and inventory. • Keep accurate and detailed notes on all repair work orders.
- Maintain and protect all company tools and work stations.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- May be required to pick up and deliver vehicles.
- May perform road testing of vehicle to perform certain diagnostics as well as final road test to confirm repairs are completed correctly
- May be required to fill in as Lead Mechanic or Shop Foreman.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
Candidate must be a high school graduate or have a GED and 3-5 years of automotive experience as a certified technician. Candidate must have all 8 ASE certifications or equally qualified education & experience. Candidate must have CDL license or able to obtain one within 3 months. Candidate may be required to meet minimum qualifications of a mechanical and behavioral aptitude test. Diesel automotive experience and welding experience is a plus. Candidate must have a high level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
Position requires physical demands to successfully perform the essential functions of this job to include: standing for long periods, climb, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds. The position may be exposed to some risk and noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position will be paid in a non-exempt/hourly flat rate basis and report to the Service Manager. It is a full time position and will be paid weekly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.