Company: WHITE TREES GROUP
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £11.00 - £14.00
We are an established care provider who provide short and long-term residential services for children aged 11-18 with emotional and behavioural difficulties. Our homes have all recently been awarded Good or Outstanding by Ofsted and due to the opening of two new residential care homes, we are recruiting for multiple positions.
Our role is to prepare the young people in our residential homes for life after care, ensuring that they all have the necessary skills and knowledge to live independently and lead meaningful and rewarding adult lives. It is our role to safeguard them whilst in our care, dealing with a manner of risks and challenging behaviour associated with young people who have often suffered trauma and loss.
Your aim whilst caring for our looked after children in our children’s home will be to build trusting positive relationships and a nurturing environment that replaces a family home.
This role is unique, with training and support you will develop the skills required to embed our therapeutic approach. You will support the children to live in an environment which is not only safe and nurturing but also enables the growth and development of our looked after children.
You will need to be caring by nature but also strong and boundaried to be able to hold and support our children through the hardest of times. We are looking for tough, resilient professionals who are willing to join us on the journey of a life time. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace; we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues with our in-house training programmes.
- To provide support to young and vulnerable adolescence in residential care
- To complete nightly paperwork
- To complete hourly checks of young people
- To complete nightly domestic duties, that are vital to maintain the home as a clean, tidy and safe environment
- Provide security and safety to young people
- To spend time settling young people as required
- To ensure the safety and security of the home throughout the night
- In the event of a young person not returning home to report them missing to the police and inform other professionals of the situation. Also, to maintain communication with the police until the young person returns of the own will or is returned to the home by the police in line with Surecare policy and procedure
- To work in line with Young Peoples Care Plans, Independence programmes and Positive Behaviour Programmes
- Engage with the young people appropriately to build trust, develop their social skills and wellbeing
Personal skills&abilities required:
- Caring. flexible and responsive in order to meet our Young People’s needs, which may change day to day and over time
- An active listener, being empathetic but not sympathetic
- Supportive, non-judgmental and have an approachable and open manner
- Respectful, honest, and fair
- Hardworking, adaptable, and innovative in your attitude to work
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Communicate clearly and precisely with your colleagues, Young People, their family, friends and representatives, and other professionals
- Cope well with pressurised and potentially difficult situations
- Good time management practices
- Good IT literacy
- Hold a full driving license
- QCF Level 3 desirable but not essential training will be given
- 28 days holiday
- Career progression through our internal succession programme, with regulatory qualifications (QCF level 3&5)
- 5 day induction, including physical intervention training (NFPS)
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonus £500
- Monthly loyalty bonus after 3 years
- Access to the Wellbeing team for Continuous Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). 24-hour confidential support help line&counselling
- 30% discount on pay&play at the Herts&Essex Sports Centre
Who are we looking for?
If you are caring, self-motivated and possess the skills to engage and build relationships with young people. Have experience or a good understanding of challenging behaviour and de-escalation strategies, have strong professional boundaries and want a purposeful and rewarding job, we would like to hear from you!