Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Produces organized structural calculations for support systems required to enable lead discipline designs and assist lead structural engineer.
- Analyze existing structures for new loads and provide recommendations for strengthening where required.
- Design new efficient structural systems using steel, concrete, and strut and deliver design information on time.
- Develop understanding of multifaceted client to better solve unique conditions.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to see beyond standard answers.
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Exercises judgment for engineering decisions for some aspects of design, but receives supervision and direct input on new aspects of assignment.
- Sketches design into completed working details and drawings based on engineering fundamentals.
- Develop and validate computer models of complex structural systems.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- EIT preferred with a minimum one (1) year experience, or the same educational requirements as above with two (2) or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s).
- Solid understanding of structural fundamentals required
- Valid driver’s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
- Experience with REVIT preferred.
- Experience with structural analysis software such as RISA or STAAD preferred.
- Knowledge of building codes including seismic requirements.
We regret that we are not able to reply to those who don’t meet the required qualifications.
At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Role: Junior Structural Engineer
Apply for this job now.