COMPANY: G2 LEGAL LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits Package
A regional Legal 500 law firm based in Nottingham is seeking an experienced legal aid costs draftsman with extensive knowledge of LAA billing.
You will sit alongside the Family Law Team in the firm's busy, open-plan offices in central Nottingham and will report into the Head of Family and Managing Partner.
- manage and coordinate the preparation and submission of LAA bills of costs and Legal Help matters
- complete final Claim 1s for payment by the LAA
- negotiate/appeal LAA assessments if required
- assist in the process of ensuring SQM compliance
- ensure partners are kept up to date on progress and costs
- monitor and engage the process of making POA claims
- comply with the Solicitors' Accounts Rules and the Solicitors' Code of Conduct 2007
- assist in the process of office management as required
To be considered for this legal aid costs draftsman opportunity in Central Nottingham, you must have at least 2 years' experience working in a like-for-like role and have a solid understanding of costs law and Legal Aid guidelines.
Unfortunately, as we often receive a high volume of applications, only successful applicants can be contacted in this instance.