Phillips Scales is Alaska's leading distributor of commercial and industrial scales. As an employer, we value our employees input and look for opportunities to contribute to their long-term success and advancement. Currently, we are looking for Service Technicians 1 and 2 to join our dedicated team of professionals. Your main responsibilities will include working with customers to understand their needs and offering them solutions to meet those needs. You will perform a variety of duties that are required to adequately maintain industrial scales, including: service and maintenance, calibration, inspection, installation, and troubleshooting as needed. This role involves extensive travel throughout the State of Alaska on a regular basis. If you are a hard worker who is looking for a position that can be a life-long career, then you should consider applying. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking for a long-term position that offers a very competitive compensation package.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Communicate in a professional manner at all times and provide exceptional customer service.
- Troubleshoot standard scale systems, determine faults, and identify necessary actions for repair.
- Create and quote necessary repairs on the job.
- Work with sales to quote equipment and upgrades.
- Calibrate equipment at customer's facilities and analyze equipment operation to determine if the equipment is operating within specifications.
- Calibrate all weighing equipment described in other positions with the addition of belt scales.
- Make corrective actions or perform repairs as required to bring equipment into working order and into appropriate tolerances.
- Plan daily travel to maximize effectiveness with scheduled work, as well as prioritize and switch focus rapidly.
- Maintain a good rapport with customers by examining complaints, identifying solutions, and suggesting improved methods or techniques.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, log, stickers, and records neatly and completely.
- Work overtime during the week and be available for on call emergency service after normal working hours and on weekends
- One year of electronics education or equivalent.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- CDL, or the ability and willingness to get one in a timely manner.
- Willingness to travel throughout Alaska often and as needed.
- Must be able to lift and love up to 50 pounds through a full range of motion.
- You must be able to pass a background check and drug screening.
Phillips Scales is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*We are currently offering up to a $2,500.00 signing bonus!! $500.00 will be paid after two fully completed pay periods, $1,000.00 after 180 days of employment and an additional $1,000.00 after being with the company for a full year.