Teaching Personnel are searching for HLTA's! We currently work with several different multi academy trusts that have requested HLTA's to work across their schools.
The role of a HLTA
A higher level teaching assistants completes all the things that teaching assistants do, but as a HLTA you have more responsibility. For example: higher level teaching assistant's may need to teach classes on their own, cover planned and unplanned absences and support schools with PPA cover. As a HLTA you will work under the direction from the class teacher and support the delivery of the national curriculum.
Skills & Qualification
- English and Maths skills at Level 2 or equivalent
- Relevant HLTA qualification
- Knowledge of frameworks, that support the development and well-being of children
How will you support pupils?
- Undertaking activities with the pupils, in small groups or a class of children.
- You will develop a supportive relationship with the children and parents.
- Carrying out educational activities and pre planned work from the class teacher.
- You will encouraging acceptance and inclusion of children with SEN to support achievement and development.
What will be your higher level responsibility?
- You may attend planning meetings. This will be so that you can follow the guidance of the teacher, contribute to the planning and preparation of lessons.
- Covering for planned and unplanned absences and deliver specific pupil intervention.
- Support pupil progress in the classroom - working with small groups and the whole class.
- Support teachers in selecting and preparing teaching resources that meet the pupil's needs and interests. Liaise with the class teacher to devise complementary learning activities.
For more information contact Megan on 01752 228900.