COMPANY: HUMAN CAPITAL PARTNERS LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £85,000 + £5,000 car allowance + £3,000 cash allowance + 15% bonus + up to 12% pension
Commercial Financial Controller – Sub Saharan Africa
International Technology business seeks a commercial Financial Controller to join their international finance team. This is a business-critical role that will directly support their Sales leadership team for the Sub Saharan Africa and UN (SSA/UN) business.
The successful candidate will be the trusted business partner and financial advisor to the sales leadership. You will provide thought leadership and financial tools & structures. Improve alignment of the company’s profitability expectations to the market positioning of current and new business.
You will drive financial as well as commercial rigor to enhance contract profitability and cost discipline during delivery. Review and aim to improve the terms and conditions, cash flow profile, revenue recognition outcome, risk profile and margin position of each opportunity. Team up with the sales, services, competitive intelligence and legal functions in doing so.
Drive financial as well as commercial rigor and enhance pricing and cost discipline during the bid and contracting phase. Review and aim to improve the terms and conditions, cash flow profile, revenue recognition outcome, risk profile and margin position of each opportunity. Team up with the sales, services, competitive intelligence and legal functions in doing so.
Business planning and financial forecasting for Sub Saharan Africa and UN (annual and quarterly forecasts, budgets, long range planning). Ensure robust planning & analysis and execution against forecast (orders, sales, margins, cash flow, collections etc.).
Support regional tax, treasury, accounting and other support finance teams on compliance and various corporate finance matters.
Some occasional travel is required.
Qualifications and experience:
- 8 years+ experience performing various finance roles including substantial controllership at systems sales and deployment and/or selling and delivering managed service contracts
- A CPA/MBA/CFA/ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualification will be required for the role
- Strong understanding of local accounting and US GAAP standards. Deep knowledge of corporate and operating finance fundamentals
- Quick learner and critical thinker, ability to manage and resolve problems
- Experienced in negotiating complex commercial contracts on large scale technology infrastructure roll-outs and project risk management
- Strong communicator at leadership level and effective in working across functions and in matrix environments
The successful candidate for this Commercial Financial Controller position will be rewarded with a salary of £85,000 + £5,000 car allowance + £3,000 cash allowance + 15% bonus + up to 12% pension.
If you are interested in this fantastic position, please click 'Apply Now' for immediate consideration.