Sells/leases new- and used-vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards.
- Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
- Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Explains fully product performance, application, and benefits to prospects.
- Offers test drives to all prospects. Follows dealership procedure to obtain proper identification from customer prior to test drive.
- Utilizes dealership sales control and follow-up system.
- Attends product and sales training courses as requested by sales manager.
- Keeps abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
- Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Ensures that the sales manager has an opportunity to meet each customer.
- Turns 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager, along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade title, etc.).
- Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
- Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership's service department.
- Schedules first service appointment.
- Follows up on all post-delivery items, tags/title work, "we owes", and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
- Maintains an owner follow-up system and prospect development system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Attends sales meetings.
- Completes required all manufacturer's training including product testing, Selling U, and Sync training in a timely manner.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common factors, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule from.
3 months related experience and/or training.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.