Varsity Tutors is seeking a Senior Growth Marketing Manager to help manage, enhance, and develop the company's customer acquisition strategies for our new lines of business. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and a self-starter, have a strong sense of ownership, results-oriented, exhibit a bias for data and for action, and be intellectually curious. The Senior Growth Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping to scale and diversify our marketing channels across our new businesses and categories.
About Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company, is the leading direct-to-consumer, curated gig economy platform for live online learning benefiting both learners and experts. We have built a comprehensive online learning destination that enables the delivery of scaled high-quality live expertise for learners of all ages across thousands of subjects and multiple learning formats through the application of technology and AI. We've raised $107M million in venture capital from TCV, Learn Capital, and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. We also recently announced that Nerdy, the parent company of Varsity Tutors, plans to go public via a SPAC with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities later this year, with a $1.7 billion market valuation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field or equivalent experience. MBA or graduate level degree is a plus.
- 5+ years experience in paid search, SEO, and social channels
- Relentless focus on the needs of customers, what they are searching for, and the ability to adjust marketing strategies to increase customer engagement
- Proven track record of owning and growing a new line of business
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Proactive, resourceful, and self-directed.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated campaigns and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Experience in strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Identify, experiment with, prove out, and scale new and established marketing channels for our new lines of business
- Create strategies to engage those leads and convert them to customers.
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- When needed, collaborate with UX, marketing, engineering.
- Once acquisition channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
- Business development and negotiations as necessary to support.
- Can own acquisition programs end-to-end, including integrating with third-party APIs.
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home (or wherever you like!)
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO ("volunteer time off" to do community service/charity work)
- 52 hours of Free Learning Sessions per year for you or immediate families members and free access to our Virtual School Day classes and School@Home program
- Once in a lifetime opportunity to help revolutionize how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)