Company: HAYS SENIOR FINANCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
A permanent Management Accountant job paying up to £35k per annum for a growing business in Worcester.
£30,000-£35,000 per annum (plus bonus)
Mon-Fri (40 hours a week - flexible between the hours of 6am-6pm)
Your new company
Hays have been engaged exclusively by a leading organisation based in Worcester as they look to recruit a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
Our client, part of a large international Group, has experienced strong growth in recent years and with this due to continue, they are keen to bring on board a talented Accountant to join their small but stable team.
Your new role
Reporting into a supportive Financial Controller, you will operate as a senior member of the finance team ensuring efficient and effective provision of accurate and timely information and analysis that contributes to the understanding and improvement of the company's performance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Monthly completion of income statements, financial statements, intercompany reconciliations, cash, fixed assets, liabilities and key financial statistics along with supporting analysis
- Preparation of the monthly reporting pack
- Monthly and quarterly financial submissions for Group reporting
- Analysis of costs and implementation of cost improvement methods
- Annual completion of statutory accounts and taxation pack
- Project accounting tasks and liaison with Project Managers
- Cash flow management
- Stock control management
- Payroll and pension processing and submissions
- VAT returns, EC Sales List and monthly CIS submissions
- Sales and purchase ledger oversight and management
What you'll need to succeed
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) - finalists or QBE candidates may be considered
- Previous experience in a similar management accounting role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness with the ability to think outside the box
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Proficient with accounting software packages (preferably Sage 200 or Eque2 Construction)
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to broaden your experience in a rewarding organisation that provides excellent learning and development opportunities. Alongside this, you'll benefit from an annual bonus scheme (up to 7%), 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), contributory pension scheme and flexible working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.