The Division Controller is a Director level accounting position over the Snacks division. This position will be the top accounting position of the a division and the financial partner to the Division President and the Financial Lead. The position will report to the Corporate Controller of parent company with strong dotted line responsibility to the Division Financial Lead.
The Division Controller is expected to provide insightful cost analysis and decision support to our internal customers on new business proposals and rationalization of existing customers/products. Communicate financial ramifications of these decisions by sales channel, product category, and cost drivers. Educate cross-functional teams on financial implications. Develop future business models to allow the business to understand impact from both current cost and future cost aspects.
The Division Controller will have general oversight of annual budget, and forecasts, for the categories. Where necessary, they will prepare and present schedules and analysis. This will include coordinating with various cross-functional areas to review and understand cost changes in purchased components, labor, overhead, production plans, warehousing, and capital projects. They will understand and explain the financial performance of the plants in the division, cost changes by sales channel, product category, and cost drivers to Management group.
This role can be based in Oak Brook, IL office or St. Paul, MN office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Drives consistent costing methodologies and reporting across the Business Units to ensure accurate comparisons between plants.
· Ensure there are appropriate month end close process and procedures in place resulting in accurate financial statements. Review and improve month end close process and procedures.
· The position will be expected to proactively solve problems at the plant locations for which they are responsible.
· Provide career development and supervision to Business Unit Controllers, Plant Controllers, and Accounting departments.
· Direct and coordinate internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance to Sarbanes-Oxley and other requirements.
Skills, Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s Degree Required
Certification/Licensure Required for Job: CPA
Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
Minimum Experience Preferred (Number of years and type):
Greater than 5 years of experience with progressive management responsibilities
Up to 50% travel depending on business requirements.
Role: Division Controller
Apply for this job now.