The Role: The Associate Director, Equity Fund Research, UK will take overall leadership for our research and ratings for equity strategies in the UK. The Associate Director is charged with driving the quality, consistency, timeliness and efficacy of Morningstar’s equity manager research output. The person will also be responsible for managing UK-based equity analysts, representing our research offering to current and potential clients, and acting as a public representative of our process, capabilities and research outcomes. The position is based in our London office.
- Lead the manager research equity coverage to produce quality and timely manager research reports relevant to clients.
- Assist analysts in formulating and defending our opinions on funds and investment approach through participation in rating committees.
- Provide ideas and input that enhance the research process, methodology and products.
- Nurture a working environment for you and your direct reports that allow the team to perform and achieve goals.
- Have an ‘open door’ policy if staff or colleagues require clarification, direction or assistance.
- Optimize asset class coverage to balance stakeholder needs. Actively participate in a ‘coverage committee’ to formalise coverage decision making.
- Help drive the development of a truly global structure for manager research and develop scalable ways of delivering better services to our client segments.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders who use Morningstar’s fund research as part of their decision making.
- Engage with the external market (media, regulators, client pitches) to display Morningstar capabilities.
Your background is likely to entail:
- Significant experience, working in a manager research setting.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of managing and/or developing talent.
- Pension, private medical and gym subsidy, training and continuous development, flexible working options, social events and commitment to wellness.
Please submit your CV and cover letter with your application materials.
Morningstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and that reasonable accommodation is provided. When your interview is being scheduled, please advise us of how we might be able to support your participation.
U99_MstarUKLtd Morningstar UK Ltd. Legal Entity