JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible to deliver CAD drawings and models in support of design and development of new and existing products manufactured at multiple manufacturing locations.
- Provide product design documentation; CAD drawings and models thru the APQP product development life cycle.
- Support and participate with customer program teams
- Coordinate CAD support with input from product engineers.
- Produce accurate drawings and models using internal & industry drafting conventions.
- Assist in developing components and assemblies with inputs from product engineers and customer CAD data.
- Recommend hardware and software upgrades to advance CAD capabilities
- Fixture design and detail
- Support ECN process for drawings and documentation.
- Support all efforts to ensure compliance with the quality/environmental requirements.
- Cross functional skills self-development; i.e. CAD skills, customer specific release requirements
- Support customer product launch
- All other duties as assigned
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Automotive product development experience; prefer minimum 2 years
- Familiarity with APQP and PPAP procedures and deliverables
- Applied experience in CAD packages (CATIA, ProE, UG, Inventor) and GD&T
- Knowledge of ASME 14.5
- Technical background; strong data driven problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active participant in Program Teams
- Strong computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage and execute multiple deliverable to deadlines.
Role: CAD Designer
Location: New Albany,
Apply for this job now.