We are currently looking for a Compliance Officer to join our busy team in Birmingham!
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 Gross per annum DOE
Reporting to: Head of Financial Crime Compliance and MLRO
Purpose - Transaction Monitoring Management
Compliance Officer Duties:
- Actively manage the 'in house' Transaction Monitoring processes by actively engaging with the small team in Dhaka
- Demonstrating superior skills in the assessment of the 'indicators' automatically provided by our bespoke Transaction Monitoring system
- Actively participating in work load analysis and prioritisation and providing assistance and advice in respect of case management
- Providing accurate summaries detailing suggested actions to the Compliance and Financial Crime Manager and the MLRO
- Manage the tracking and escalation of cases identified.
- Liaise with IT regarding the effective functioning and further development of the bespoke requirements of the system.
- Assembling weekly and Monthly data for the Compliance and Financial Crime Manager in respect of case load progress and action points.
- Reporting suspicious and unusual transactions or activity to MLRO via iSAR (internal suspicious activity reports)
- Other assignments as directed by the Financial Crime Manager or the MLRO
Compliance Officer Requirements:
- Must have superior analytical and reasoning skills
- Experienced in extracting and displaying data from Excel
- Display competence and confidence with interpreting the data extracted and managing any subsequent data retrieval.
- Competent in researching publicly available data sets
- Methodical and accurate work ethos
- Excellent Communication and numerical skills
- Experience in working within a financial institution would be beneficial
Please note that 'core hours' of being present in the office are 9 am to 6 pm Mon - Friday. A 45 minute lunch break is to be taken.
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the Compliance Officer role, please apply now!