TAKE responsibility for a holistic solution by developing code for new projects, sub-projects or changes, additions, or enhancements to existing projects as the next GUI Developer sought by a leading HealthTech company. You will also drive the business solution to meet specific business requirements while providing guidance and coaching on design and approach for more complex projects. The ideal candidate requires Matric/Grade 12, formal Programming/IT related qualification, have up to 5 years Delphi, up to 2 years DB2 and SQL with ODBC/JDBC experience, System Analysis and Design & demonstrable ability to develop fully functional and independent applications and be able to code programs that implement complete and efficient error handling.
Design changes, additions or enhancement for existing systems -
- Design changes, additions or enhancements to existing systems as per relevant specification.
- Thoroughly investigate each incident, analyse the incident, recommend solutions, consult and collaborate with the Software Development Manager, and other Developers in order to write the best possible solution/resolve the incident with due regard to continuous improvement.
- Keep the RT incident tracking system updated.
- When writing the best possible solution due to considerations must be given to best practices, continuous improvement, IT strategy and IT technical architecture as well as the impact on existing functionality and applications. The changes would be requested due to actions resulting from incidents, changes to programs or ad hoc requests. For system designs changes dictated to by incidents due to priority must be given as dictated by the urgency and the importance of the incident.
Develop new application code for projects, product releases and ad hoc duties -
- Conform to the System Development Life Cycle with due regard to the steps involved and where the Developer fits in.
- Take responsibility for holistic solution and to drive the business solution from technical analysis, coding, testing and true to implementation release.
- Give input as may be required to the Business Analyst for assistance in the development of business specifications or software requirement specifications.
- Once the business specification or software requirement specification has been signed off, interpret the requirements and interview the business owner, if necessary, to obtain the required level of clarity and understanding as well as to ensure that nothing is being omitted. Due consideration must be given to best practices, continuous improvement, IT technical architecture as well as the impact on existing functionality and applicants.
- Work with and according to the documents sign off in the analysis, design and planning phases-design code within the agreed timelines and according to accepted standards and technical specifications.
- Development to be submitted for code review when required.
- The project timeline must be managed using an initial estimation and plan followed by regular updates and feedback to the Project Manager. Attend Project meetings or other meetings when required.
- During the implementation cycle, participate in the relevant meetings, assist the Implementation Manager in developing checklists and contingency plans, providing implementation details and perform all clean up as required.
- At the end of the project, all technical documentation must be completed according to the relevant standard operating procedures.
- Liaise with the relevant staff in terms of specific projects/ sub-project requirements and the impact arising from the projects/ sub-project requirements.
Technical Testing -